Tai Tapu Sculpture Garden is building a permanent collection and hosts exhibitions of works for sale by some of New Zealand’s favourite sculptors.
View previous catalogues to see works for sale and contact us to find out about current availability.
The TSG permanent collection
We are committed to contemporary sculpture practice in New Zealand. The Directors commission a major work annually or select a work from the exhibition for the permanent collection. New commissions are unveiled at the opening of the Annual Autumn Exhibition in March.
The permanent collection includes
- Andrew Drumond Rotating leaf form: Ngaio (2017), ed. 1/9, stainless steel, precision roller bearings. Purchased 2017.
- Alison Erickson Bureaucracy and the Huia (2017), bronze. Commissioned.
- Johnny Turner Sky Mirror (2017), granite, corten and stainless steel, Purchased 2017.
- Marte Szirmay Stormy Weather (2006), bronze. Purchased 2017.
- Neil Dawson Vortex (2016), steel, paint. Commissioned.
- Graham Bennett None So Blind (2015), stainless steel, galvanised steel, telecommunication pole (recycled from Antarctica). Commissioned.
- Bing Dawe A Landscape with Too Many Holes, Waiting for St Francis - A Gateway (2015), bronze and steel. Commissioned.
- Ben Foster Infinity (2014), aluminium, stainless steel, exterior sealant, sealed bearing. Commissioned.
- Doug Neil The Rocks (2013), Timaru bluestone. Commissioned.
- Doug Neil Canoe (2007), Timaru bluestone. Purchased 2012.
- Llew Summers Follow Me (1995), concrete. Purchased 2013.
- Annabel Menzies-Joyce and friends Fertility Goddess Grove (2013), an installation of small-scale, cast glass works.