Call For Proposals
Established and emerging artists are invited to submit proposals to participate in our Annual Autumn Exhibition which showcases the permanent collection and works for sale.
We are interested in concepts for three-dimensional sculpture in all media suitable for outdoor exhibition, participatory, socially engaged or performance works, sound pieces and light works. All work new and original work will be considered.
Deadline for submission of proposals for March 2018's exhibition is: 1 October 2017.
The programme committee will consider the calibre, originality, appropriateness and robustness of the concept for the purpose of the event.
Artists will be notified by Christmas.
The purpose of Tai Tapu Sculpture Garden
- To enhance the cultural life of Canterbury by creating opportunities for people to experience contemporary sculpture in a native landscape, and
- To support New Zealand sculptors by providing a forum for the exhibition and sale of their work.
The Proposal should include
- A description of the work – in general
- A description of the work – within the context of New Zealand sculpture
- A drawing(s)
- Details of materials and dimensions
- Details about installation requirements
- Details about any technical assistance required
- Maintenance and potential health and safety issues (if known)
- Ideas of how the work will engage audiences
- Likely sale price of the work (incl. GST and commission payable to TSG).
Download this Word Proposal Application template to get you started.
Please also include
- A short CV of up to 2 pages
- A summary of the artist’s current practice
- Up to 10 digital images of previous work
- Details of current representative dealer galleries, if applicable.
All digital applications will be acknowledged on receipt.
Site visits prior to submission of proposal are welcomed. Please phone or email to make an appointment.
Artists will be responsible for the transportation and installation of their work to TSG and for deinstallation of unsold works.